Saturday 21 September 2013

Lesson Planning

Stages of a writing lesson 


1. Objectives and Goals

The lesson's objectives must be clearly defined and in lined with district and/or state educational standards.

2. Anticipatory Set

Before you dig into the meat of your lesson's instruction, set the stage for your students by tapping into their prior knowledge and giving the objectives a context.

3. Direct Instruction

When writing your lesson plan, this is the section where you explicitly delineate how you will present the lesson's concepts to your students.

4. Guided Practice

Under your supervision, the students are given a chance to practice and apply the skills you taught them through direct instruction.

5. Closure

In the Closure section, outline how you will wrap up the lesson by giving the lesson concepts further meaning for your students.

6. Independent Practice

Through homework assignments or other independent assignments, your students will demonstrate whether or not they absorbed the lesson's learning goals.

7. Required Materials and Equipment

Here, you determine what supplies are required to help your students achieve the stated lesson objectives.

8. Assessment and Follow-Up

The lesson doesn't end after your students complete a worksheet. The assessment section is one of the most important parts of all.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the notes! As I have not started teaching, I always have the misconception that a lesson ends after the students have completed the worksheet or task given. However, after reading this notes, I realised that I had the wrong idea after all. It does not end after students have completed their tasks. It is important for the teacher to evaluate and assess the students and do a follow-up activity later on. Thanks, the notes are really helpful. It has cleared my misconception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good info. I really need this info for my lesson planning assignment. I can also improve my teaching skills in planning good lesson to the students in future. I know realised the criteria that I need to put in order to make good lesson plan. Thank you for the notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information. It helps me a lot.

    ReplyDelete